Looney Tunes T-Shirts
Looney Tunes is an animated television series from Warner Bros. Looney Tunes was first introduced in the 1930’s. The musical characters were Bosko and Buddy, but the Looney Tunes films featured Daffy Duck, Porky Pig, Sylvester, Tweety, Elmer Fudd, Bugs Bunny, Wile E. Coyote, and The Road Runner. The Looney Tunes were the most popular cartoons shorts in movie theaters in the 1942 through the 1960’s.
Looney Tunes was black and white until the 1943 where they were produced in color. The Looney Tunes characters:
• Bugs Bunny – A gray rabbit that is famous for his catch phrase, “Eh…What’s up, doc?” Bugs Bunny would usually say his catch phrase while chewing a carrot. Bugs Bunny was a trickster. Bugs Bunny was a clever rabbit who could always outsmart Elmer Fudd.
• Porky Pig – Porky Pig was a short, fat pig. Porky Pig’s catch phrase was, “Th-th-th-that’s all folks!” One of Porky Pig’s distinctive trait was his severe stutter. At the end of each Looney Tune cartoon the audience would see Porky Pig burst through a bass drum, then say his famous catch phrase and farewell line, “That’s all folks”! Porky Pig appeared in one hundred and fifty three cartoons.
• Daffy Duck – Daffy duck was one of the first ‘screwball’ characters that was introduced in the late thirties. Daffy Duck appeared in one hundred and thirty three cartoons. Daffy Duck had a lisp when he talked. Daffy was named number fourteen on the TV Guide’s top fifty best cartoon characters, and appeared on four covers.
• Elmer Fudd – Elmer Fudd is one of the most famous Looney Tunes characters. Elmer Fudd had one purpose, and that was to hunt Bugs Bunny. Elmer Fudd’s catch phrase is, “Shhhh. Be vewy vewy quiet, I’m hutting wabbits.” Elmer spoke in an unusual way where he replaced his Rs and Ls with Ws.
• Sylvester – Sylvester J. Pussycat or Puddy Tat is a Tuxedo cat that appeared in one hundred and three cartoons. Three of the cartoons won Academy Awards. Sylvester had a lisp. His catchphrase is, “Sufferin’ succotash!”
• Tweety – Tweety is a cute, yellow canary. Tweety appeared in forty nine cartoons. Most fans think that Tweety is a female, but Tweety is male. A few catch phrases of Tweety is, “Awww, the poor kitty cat! He fall down and go BOOM!”, and “Putty tat”. Don’t let Tweety’s big, blue eyes fool you, he is an aggressive bird that can have a malicious side.
• Wile E. Coyote – Wile E. Coyote is most known by receiving packages from the Acme Corporation, which is to help him catch the Road Runner. The Coyote usually ends up burnt, squashed, and never catches The Road Runner. He was in forty eight cartoons.
The Looney Tunes were ranked as the third Greatest Cartoons of All Time by the TV Guide in 2013. The Cartoon Network still run Looney Tunes cartoons. The Looney Tunes T-Shirts feature Porky Pig, Tweety, Yosemite Sam, and Bugs Bunny. The Looney Tunes tee shirts never go out of style and a must have for fans of all ages.